Kitchen Line Cook
LOCATION: Jax Beach (Part-Time)
DEPARTMENT: Native Sun Kitchen
COMPENSATION: TBD based on experience
Perform all functions relating to the maintenance and proper food preparation of the hot bar, soup bar, and all cooked food. Maintain attractive prepared foods displays and support the Native Sun Natural Foods Market Prepared Foods vision. Ensure a positive company image by providing courteous, friendly, and efficient service to customers and team members.
- Ensure that food quality, quantity, freshness, and presentation meet all regional standards.
- Assist with production for all prepared foods venues.
- Ensure all prepared items are labeled, dated, initialed, covered, and rotated.
- Document waste and spoilage using appropriate forms, and meet all spoilage targets.
- Ensure that production includes using correct measuring devices, and all recipes are accurately followed.
- Monitor food loss and maintain spoilage sheets.
- Fulfill hot food requests in a timely manner.
- Effectively maintain full levels in hot case and soup production.
- Keep department continually clean, well-maintained and organized.
- Follow and comply with established procedures, including weights and measures, health and sanitation, and adhere to safe work practices.
- Operate and sanitize all equipment in a safe and proper manner.
- Give every customer immediate and undivided attention. Surprise and delight the customers with consistent, delicious food.
- Other duties as assigned.