Kitchen Production Specialist
LOCATION: Mandarin (Full-Time)
DEPARTMENT: Native Sun Kitchen
COMPENSATION: TBD based on experience
Performs all functions relating to the maintenance and proper food preparation of the cold case, hot bar, soup and salad bar. Maintain attractive prepared foods displays, supports the prepared foods vision and ensures a positive company image by providing courteous, friendly, and efficient service to customers and team members.
- Excellent Communication skills both internally and externally.
- Effective time management skills.
- Ability to learn, understand and advocate for all relevant Native Sun Natural Foods Market policies, procedures, core values, business philosophy, and quality goals.
- Ability to work with a sense of urgency and meet timelines.
- Must understand and communicate quality goals and ingredient information to customers.
- Ability to learn about all products carried in the department.
- Ability to visually examine products for quality and freshness.
- Must be comfortable using a box cutter, knives, and other cutting equipment.
- Strong work ethic and personal integrity a must. A minimum of one (1) year of previous experience in a grocery, warehouse receiving or related environment preferred.
- Familiarity with natural and organic foods and products preferred.
- Must be able to operate and become certified on pallet jack and other receiving equipment.
- Able to work mornings, nights, weekends, holidays and long/unusual hours as needed.