Zucchini Pesto Pasta with Creamy Mint Pesto
- 2 zucchini
- 1 can chickpeas
- 1 cup hemp seeds (pumpkin seeds work well, too!)
- 1 cup mint leaves, packed
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves, packed
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 Tbsp. water
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Drain and rinse chickpeas, then toss them in 1/4 cup nutritional yeast. Bake for 20 minutes or until crispy.
- While the chickpeas are in the oven, create zucchini “pasta” using a spiralizer or a potato peeler.
- Put remaining ingredients (don’t forget the other 1/4 cup nutritional yeast!) into a food processor and blend until well combined and creamy.
- Toss zucchini in pesto, top with toasted chickpeas and serve!
Recipe by Bailey West of Lettuce Beet Diabetes