Brussels Sprouts Stuffing
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 cups of fresh or frozen brussels sprouts
- 2 cups of fresh or frozen cubed butternut squash
- 1/4 tsp. salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 1/4 tsp. poultry seasoning
- 1 apple, cored and chopped
- 2 Tbsp. water
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 thick slice of bread, cubed and toasted
- 1/4 cup toasted pecans
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- Heat 1 tsp. olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat, add onion and cook until softened, about 5 minutes; add garlic and cook an additional minute.
- Add brussels sprouts, butternut squash, salt, pepper, poultry seasoning and apple; add 2 Tbsp water, cover, reduce heat and cook about 10 – 15 minutes or until vegetables are soft.
- Squeeze lemon and stir in toasted bread, pecans and dried cranberries.
Recipe by Dawn Hutchins.