Frosted Shortbread Cookies
Check out the latest Savings in stores now!
- 1 ¾ c. all-purpose flour
- 1/3 c. ground almond flour
- 3 Tbsp. whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 c. Organic Valley unsalted butter, softened
- 1/3 c. cane sugar
- 1/3 c. packed Wholesome! brown sugar
- 1 tsp. Simply Organic pure vanilla extract
- 1 c. powdered sugar
- 2 Tbsp. Organic Valley heavy whipping cream
- Whisk together all flours and salt in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- In a large bowl of an electric mixer, beat butter on medium speed until creamy. Add sugars and vanilla. Beat until light and fluffy, approximately 5 minutes.
- Add dry ingredients and mix on low speed until well-blended.
- Form dough into two disks. Wrap in plastic wrap and chill for 45 minutes or up to one week.
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough ¼ inch thick. Using cookie cutters dipped in flour, cut out cookies. Place on a large cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Chill 10 minutes before baking.
- Bake chilled cookies 10 to 12 minutes or until edges begin to brown slightly. The centers should remain light in color. Cool completely on wire racks.
- In a small bowl, whisk cream into powdered sugar until sugar dissolves and thickens. Continue adding more cream a tsp. at a time to achieve desired spreading consistency.
- Frost cookies and add sprinkles if desired.