Korean BBQ Tacos
- 1 1/4 pounds thinly sliced beef
(ribeye or sirloin)
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili flakes (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 head romaine lettuce
- 1 sliced red onion
- 8 small flour tortillas
Check out the latest Savings in stores now!
For the pickled cucumbers:
- 1 cup thinly sliced cucumbers
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- salt to taste
- In a resealable bag combine the soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic, ginger, chili flakes and salt and pepper to taste. Add beef, seal the bag, and shake to coat the meat in the marinade.
- Marinate the meat for at least 15 minutes or up to 2 hours.
- In a small bowl, combine the cucumbers, rice vinegar, sugar and salt to taste. Cover and refrigerate for at least 15 minutes, or up to 4 hours.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large pan over high heat. Add the beef in a single layer and cook for 4-5 minutes until beef is cooked through and starting to brown.
- To assemble place 8 flour tortillas on a flat surface. Fill each tortilla with lettuce and red onion. Evenly divide the beef over the tortillas. Top each taco with approximately 2 tablespoons of pickled cucumbers and serve.