Marinated, Grilled Portobello Burgers
For The Marinade:
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
Check out the latest Savings in stores now!
For the Burgers:
- 4 Portobello mushroom caps
- 1-1/2 tsp Fresh Jax Herbes de Provence French Sea Salt (or other Herbes de Provence blend with salt)
- 4 whole grain buns
For the Toppings:
- 4 oz shredded plant-based mozzarella, such as Daiya
- Thinly sliced red onion
- 1 avocado, sliced thin
- Fresh romaine
- Whisk the marinade ingredients in a wide covered container and place the Portobello mushroom caps in, tossing well to coat; let marinate for one hour or up to overnight. Remove from marinade and season with Herbes de Provence French Sea Salt.
- Preheat the grill to medium high and place mushroom caps on grill grates, top side down; cook 7 minutes, flip, top with 1oz shredded mozzarella cheese and cook an additional 8 minutes. Toast whole grain buns on grill for the last minute and place a mushroom cap on the lower half of each bun.
- Top burgers with red onion, avocado and fresh romaine and place the top half of the burger bun on top of the burger and fixings.