Marinated Mediterranean Asparagus Salad with Couscous
- 1 cup couscous
- 2 cups broth
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 1 small yellow squash, sliced down the center, lengthwise
- ½ tsp. coarse sea salt, divided
- 1/8 to ¼ tsp. fresh ground black pepper, divided
- ¼ cup olive oil, divided
- ½ red bell pepper, sliced thinly
- ¼ red onion, sliced thinly
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 15 oz. can California black olives, drained and sliced in half
- ¼ tsp. oregano flakes
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
Check out the latest Savings in-store now!
- Add couscous, broth and ¼ tsp. salt to a small stock pot, bring to a boil, reduce heat and cover. Cook 15 minutes; remove from heat and set aside. Preheat grill to medium-high.
- Trim ends of asparagus and yellow squash; drizzle 2 tsp. olive oil over vegetables, sprinkle with pinch of sea salt and pepper (reserve the majority to toss into the salad). Place vegetables on grill, squash, cut-side down; cook 7 minutes; turn vegetables, cook an additional 3 minutes. Remove from grill, cool and slice.
- In a large bowl, combine the bell pepper, red onion, green onion, garlic, olives, oregano flakes, remaining salt, remaining pepper, remaining olive oil, red wine vinegar, and grilled vegetables. Toss to coat and let marinate for 10 minutes. Taste and re-season if necessary.
- Serve over bed of couscous for presentation.