Pumpkin Muffins with Pepitas and Dried Cherries
- 1 3/4 cups oat flour
- 1 cup coconut palm sugar
- 1/2 cup organic sugar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1 15 oz. can pure pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- 1/4 cup dried cherries
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Whisk the dry ingredients in one bowl; whisk the eggs, coconut oil, pumpkin puree and vanilla extract in a second bowl.
- Stir the wet into the dry until well combined; stir in the pumpkin seeds and dried cherries.
- Pour into muffin tin lined with 12 muffin liners; spoon batter evenly into muffin cups; bake for 20-24 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Recipe by Dawn Hutchins