Raspberry Barbecue Sauce
- 1/2 oz. fresh ginger root, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 cup organic molasses
- 1/4 cup organic agave or organic honey
- 20 oz. frozen raspberries, thawed w/ juice
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 – 3/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Ground cayenne pepper, to taste
Check out the latest Savings in stores now!
- In a food processor, finely mince the ginger. Add the raspberries and juice. Puree. Add the molasses, blue agave, ketchup, and pepper – process until smooth.
- Remove mixture to a large bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Slit the top for steam release.
- Microwave on high for 8 minutes, stirring occasionally. *Alternately, simmer the mixture on low heat on the stove top for about 10 minutes instead of microwaving.*