Raspberry Lemon Parfait
- 2-3 lemons
- 1/4 c. Organic Valley unsalted butter, softened
- 1 c. plus 1 Tbsp. granulated sugar, divided
- 2 Organic Valley large eggs
Check out the latest Savings in stores now!
- 1 c. Organic Valley heavy whipping cream
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 c. fresh organic raspberries
- Grate 1 Tbsp. lemon zest. Cut lemons in half and squeeze a half cup of juice.
- Beat butter and 1 cup sugar at medium speed with an electric mixer until blended.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating just until blended after each addition. Gradually add lemon juice to mixture, beating at low speed just until incorporated. Stir in zest. Mixture will look grainy!
- Transfer to a heavy, 4-quart saucepan, cook on stovetop, whisking constantly over medium-low until mixture thickens and coats the back of a spoon, 14-16 minutes.
- Sieve mixture into a bowl and place a sheet of plastic wrap directly on the warm lemon curd. Chill 4 hours or until firm.
To make whipped cream
- Beat the heavy cream, vanilla extract, and remaining 1 Tbsp. sugar at medium speed with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form.
- Cover and refrigerate.
To build parfaits
- In 4 wine or dessert glasses, add a layer of raspberries, then a layer of lemon curd, and a layer of whipped cream. Continue this layering pattern until glasses are full. Finish with fresh raspberry layer.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate up to 4 hours before serving.