Roasted Turkey & Arugula Sandwich and Fresh Greens Salad with Tomato Vinaigrette
- 2 slices bread
- 2 slices roasted turkey
- 1/4 avocado, sliced
- 2 slices red onion
- Handful fresh arugula
- 1 Tbsp. mayonnaise
- 2 cups fresh arugula and baby lettuce mix
- 1 purple carrot, sliced
- 2 Tbsp. Tomato Vinaigrette
Tomato Vinaigrette (Makes about 10, 2 Tbsp. servings)
- ¼ cup water
- 3 Tbsp. honey
- 2/3 cup diced tomato with green chili
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup vinegar
- ¼ tsp. each onion, garlic, black pepper and salt
- Add dressing ingredients to a small stock pot, bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for five minutes; remove from heat, cool and blend in a small blender for smoother consistency.
- Toast bread; top one slice with turkey or Tofurkey, avocado, onion and fresh arugula. Spread mayo on second slice of bread; place, face down on top of fillings; slice diagonally.
- Place 2 cups arugula and baby lettuce mixture on a plate; top with sliced carrots and 2 Tbsp. tomato vinaigrette. Serve with sandwich.
- Refrigerate remaining tomato vinaigrette for another use (such as dipping your sandwich).
Recipe by Dawn Hutchins.