Savory Flax Pancake
- 4 Tbsp. flaxseed meal
- 1 egg
- Rosemary & thyme (optional, to taste)
- Heat a nonstick pan to medium-high and whisk together the flaxseed meal, egg, and optional spices until thoroughly scrambled.
- Pour batter into skillet once it is heated and spread batter into desired shape. Let cook for 1-2 minutes, until it can be easily flipped without sticking.
- Flip pancake and let cook 1 more minute.
- Dress it up with avocado, nut butter, or veggies for a hardy breakfast toast; pizza toppings for lunch or dinner; or cut your pancake in half and use it as sandwich bread.
Recipe by Bailey West of Lettuce Beet Diabetes