Smokey Bacon and Avocado Wrap
- 2 tsp. coconut oil
- 1/2 yellow onion, sliced
- 1 10 oz. package smoky tempeh, bacon style, rough chopped (**or 6 slices of thick cut bacon)
- 10 oz. frozen shiitake mushrooms
- 2-3 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 2 multigrain tortillas
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- 2/3 cup shredded red cabbage
Check out the latest Savings in-store now!
- Heat the coconut oil over medium-high heat; add the onion and saute until softened, about 5 minutes, tempeh bacon and cook until crisp, 3-5 minutes; add mushrooms and use spatula to break up evenly, cook 3-5 minutes, or until heated through; pour in balsamic vinegar and stir mixture well until heated through.
- Lay out two tortillas, top each with half the tempeh bacon/mushroom mixture, half the avocado and half the red cabbage. Fold edges and roll tortillas, slice in half.
**If using bacon instead of tempeh bacon, cook to package directions and place three slices in each sandwich.
Recipe by Dawn Hutchins.