Spicy Baked Tempeh Strips
- 1 package Lightlife tempeh, 8-oz. (Garden Veggie is my favorite)
- 1/4 cup full-fat coconut milk
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- black pepper, to taste
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Slice the tempeh into strips, about 1/2 inch thick.
- In a shallow dish, fully cover the strips in coconut milk.
- In another shallow dish, combine nutritional yeast, cayenne pepper, salt and black pepper. Dip the strips in this mixture next, making sure to fully cover all surfaces.
- Using a non-stick baking mat, bake strips 15 minutes. Flip each strip and bake an additional 5-10 minutes until crispy.
Recipe by Bailey West of Lettuce Beet Diabetes