Spicy Corn and Avocado Soup
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, roughly chopped
- Kernels from 2 ears of corn
- 4 cups Pacific Foods Organic Free Range Chicken Broth
- 1 large avocado, peeled and pitted
- 1 fresh jalapeno, roughly chopped
- Kosher salt
- Optional garnish: avocado, corn kernels, chives, and olive oil
Check out the latest Savings in store now!
In a medium-large pot over medium-low heat, add the olive oil and the onion. Cook while stirring often for 7 minutes.
The onions should be soft and translucent when you add the corn kernels. Stir them into the onions and then add the chicken broth. Bring to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes.
Move the soup from the stove and transfer it to a blender. Add the jalapeno and avocado and puree on high until the soup is smooth and creamy. Season to taste with the kosher salt.
Garnish with slices of avocado, some raw corn kernels and chives, plus a drizzle of olive oil.