Romaine Boats with Crispy Tofu
- 1 head romaine
- 1 block extra firm tofu (16 oz.)
- 1/2 cup Nutritional yeast
- 2 tsp. Black pepper
- 1 recipe Cashew Cream Cheese or 1 recipe Guacamole*
- Wildbrine Korean Kimchi, for topping
- 3 avocados
- 1/2 cup tomato, chopped
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 1/2 lime, juice only
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
Check out the latest Savings in-store now!
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cut tofu into cubes, about 1/2” in size. Toss tofu in black pepper and nutritional yeast until evenly coated. Bake in the oven using a non-stick baking mat. Cook 15 minutes, flip and bake an additional 15 minutes.
- While waiting for tofu to bake, wash romaine and gently pull off leaves individually. These are the lettuce boats.
- Spread your choice of cashew cheese or guacamole* on each lettuce boat. Top with crispy baked tofu and kimchi.
* Mash avocado meat while fruit is still intact. Slice open and remove meat; place in a small mixing bowl and continue mashing until smooth. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well until thoroughly combined.
Recipe by Bailey West of Lettuce Beet Diabetes