Bacon-Wrapped Asparagus Toast
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed
- 1 Tbs. olive oil
- 4 bacon slices
- 4 eggs
- 4 slices spelt bread, toasted
- Kosher salt to taste
- crushed red pepper to taste
Check out the latest Savings in stores now!
- Preheat an oven to 450°F (230°C).
- In a large bowl, toss the asparagus with the olive oil to coat. Divide the asparagus into 4 bundles of the same size. Working with one bundle at a time, wrap a bacon slice tightly around the spears and secure it with a toothpick.
- Place the asparagus bundles on a baking sheet and roast until the bacon is browned and the asparagus is crisp-tender, 6 to 8 minutes.
- While the asparagus is roasting, poach the eggs. Fill an egg-poaching pan with 1/2 inch of water, set over medium heat and bring to a simmer. Lightly oil the poaching cups and warm the cups in the pan.
- Crack an egg into each of the 4 egg-poaching cups, cover the pan and cook to the desired doneness, 2 to 4 minutes.
- Put the toasted bread slices on individual plates. Place asparagus bundles and a poached egg on top of each slice and season with salt and crushed red pepper.