Balsamic-Caramelized Onion Tarts
Yields 15 Servings
- 15 mini fillo shells
- 1 container GO VEGGIE classic plain cream cheese
- 2 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 2 tbsp. butter or non-dairy butter spread
- 1 sweet onion, thinly sliced
- Heat oven to 350ºF. Arrange fillo shells on a baking sheet. Bake 10 minutes. Let cool.
- Combine cream cheese, vinegar, and parsley. Season with salt and pepper. Stir until smooth.
- Melt the butter in a skillet set over medium heat. When the butter starts to foam, add the onion. Cook, stirring frequently, until the onion is very soft and golden brown, about 20 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Fill the fillo shells with the cream cheese mixture. Top with caramelized onions.
- Serve at room temperature.