Beets with Walnuts and Blue Cheese
- 4 med sized red beets, washed, tops removed
- 1/2 c. walnuts
- 1/2 c. blue cheese
- 1/4 c. balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 c. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp. honey
- Salt and pepper to taste.
Check out the latest Savings in stores now!
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Rub beets with 2 tbsp. olive oil. Place in baking dish and fill with about a half inch of water. Wrap tightly with foil and place in oven. Cook for 45-60 minutes. Beets are ready when easily pierced with a
- pairing knife.
- Uncover beets and allow them to cool completely. Peel beets using a pairing knife (wear gloves). Cut into bite sized chunks.
- Toast almonds in oven for 3-5 minutes until fragrant. Set aside to cool and then give them a rough chop.
- Toss beets with olive oil, balsamic vinegar, honey, and salt and pepper to taste. Allow to marinate for at least an hour.
- To serve, transfer beets and their dressing to a serving bowl. Crumble blue cheese and scatter toasted walnuts over the top. Avoid mixing to keep everything from turning red.