Cheesy Broccoli Quinoa Muffins
- 1 c. uncooked quinoa
- 2 c. vegetable broth
- Coconut oil for greasing pan
- 2 c. finely chopped broccoli
- 1/3 c. instant oats
- ¼ nutritional yeast
- 1 c. crumbled or shredded cheese of choice, such as Miyoko’s Creamery or Daiya
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Rinse the quinoa with a fine mesh strainer and add to medium stock pot with vegetable broth.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and cover for 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat, still covered 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Grease a baking sheet with coconut oil and add broccoli. Bake for 15 minutes.
- To a large bowl add cooked quinoa (reserving rest for another use), broccoli, oats, nutritional yeast, cheese, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Grease 6-muffin tin with coconut oil and evenly distribute quinoa mixture between cups.
- Bake in 400 F oven for 20 minutes until top is golden brown.
- Remove from baking pan when muffins have cooled by running knife around edge of each muffin.
- Place a large plate or small baking sheet on top of muffin tin and flip so that muffins are upside down muffins will slide out of tin. Leave them like this, or flip them, if you choose.