Build-Your-Own Cold Asian Noodle Bowl
- 1 Package of brown rice noodles, cooked to package directions
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 10 oz. frozen edamame, shelled or unshelled, depending on preference, steamed to package directions
- Coarse sea salt, to taste
- 10 oz. frozen vegetables such as carrots and peas, steamed to package directions
- 8 oz. snow peas, fresh or steamed, depending on preference
- 1 Tbsp. tahini
- 1 Tbsp. honey or agave
- 1 Tbsp. rice vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. tamari, soy sauce or liquid aminos
- 1 Tbsp. sesame oil
- Fresh lime wedge
- Fresh cilantro
Check out the latest Savings in-store now!
- Toss the noodles in vegetable oil to prevent sticking and set aside to cool; sprinkle edamame with sea salt; allow all vegetables to cool.
- Mix the sauce ingredients and portion into four small containers with lids.
- In a five-section lunch tray, place ¼ of the noodles, ¼ of the edamame, ¼ of the vegetables and ¼ of the snow peas. Place one sauce container in the fifth well. Repeat with additional trays or refrigerate remaining and repeat the following day. Top with cilantro and a lime wedge.
- To serve, mix ingredients together as desired.
**This recipe can easily be cut in half to make two servings.
**If you don’t have a five section tray, all ingredients can be pre-mixed into a single bowl.
**Be sure to cover the sauce well to prevent leaking.
**Noodles can be cooked and veggies can be steamed ahead of time to make morning prep easier!
Recipe by Dawn Hutchins