Spring Cabbage Soup
- 2 tsp. white vinegar
- 2 fresh thyme leaves
- 1/2 head organic green cabbage, thinly sliced
- 6 c. organic chicken broth
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 small organic red potatoes
- 2 organic celery stalks, diced
- 2 medium carrots, diced
- 1 organic yellow onion, diced
- 1 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 organic leeks, sliced
Halve leeks, rinse thoroughly, pat dry, and cut into slices.
In a large pot, heat oil over medium-high.
Add onion, carrots, and celery.
Add leeks and garlic. Stir until leeks begin to soften.
Add potatoes, broth, and bay leaves. Bring everything to a boil.
Stir in cabbage.
Cover and cook until all vegetables are tender.
Remove from heat and stir in vinegar and thyme.
Season with salt and pepper to taste.