Cheesy Kabocha Squash
- 1 small kabocha squash
- 1 cup nutritional yeast
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup cashews, raw & unsalted
- 1/4 cup pickle juice or vinegar
- 1/3 cup soy milk, unsweetened
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 1/2 tsp. turmeric
- 1/8 – 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- salt & pepper, to taste
Check out the latest Savings in-store now!
- Boil about 8 cups of water in a medium sized pot.
- Wash your kabocha squash and then cut it open. Scoop out seeds and discard. Chop the rest of the squash into pieces small enough to boil in your pot.
- Boil kabocha squash pieces until soft (about 5 minutes).
- Drain the water and let the squash cool. Once cooled, use a spoon to separate the orange meat from the skin of the squash. Discard the skin.
- Place the squash meat and remaining ingredients into a food processor. Blend on high until smooth. Add salt to taste.
Recipe by Bailey West of Lettuce Beet Diabetes.