Cheesy Stuffed Potatoes
Check out the latest Savings in stores now!
- 4 large russet potatoes (short, wide potatoes for stuffing)
- 2 tbsp. Organic Valley ghee
- 1 tsp. salt, divided
- ½ tsp. black pepper to taste
- ½ c. Organic Valley sour cream
- 4 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 2/3 c. Organic Valley shredded sharp cheddar
- ¼ c. chopped mild jalapeños
- 1 tbsp. of mild jalapeño brine from jar
- 1/3 c. chopped green onion
- ½ c. cooked bacon crumbles (set aside 3 Tablespoons for garnish)
- 1 large egg yolk
- ¼ c. Organic Valley shredded sharp cheddar (for garnish)
- Preheat oven to 400° F. Line a baking pan with sheet pan liner and set aside. Scrub and clean the potatoes with a brush to remove any soil. Pat them dry and rub just enough ghee on each potato to lightly coat the skin. Finish with a light dusting of salt and rub over the skin for even distribution. Place the potatoes on the prepared baking pan and bake for 45 min to an hour. (Check potatoes at 45 min.) Check the doneness by inserting a knife into the fattest part of the potato, which will be easy to insert when done.
- Once the potatoes are cool enough to handle, cut off the tops of each potato and set them aside. Use a knife to carve out the middle, leaving the walls of the potato thick enough so that the sides do not collapse. Be careful not to cut through the bottom of the potato. Use a spoon to scoop the insides of the potatoes into a mixing bowl.
- Sprinkle the inside of the potato with salt and pepper. Set each potato top into its potato shell (skin side down) and season with salt and pepper.
- Combine the sour cream, butter, 213 cup shredded cheddar cheese, chopped jalapeños and brine from jar, chopped green onion, salt, pepper, and bacon into the mixing bowl.
- Mix with the scooped potato, then season to taste with salt and pepper. Last, stir in the egg yolk.
- Stuff the potato shells evenly with the filling and place them on the lined baking pan. Bake the potatoes at 400° F for 20-30 minutes.
- Remove the potatoes from oven and sprinkle remaining¼ cup shredded cheese and bacon on top. Return them to the oven for another 4-5 minutes to melt the cheese on top of the potatoes. Remove from oven and serve warm.