Chickpea Pot Pie Ring
- 1/3 c. coconut oil or vegan butter
- 1/2 of one small onion, chopped finely
- 1/3 c. gluten free, all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1 c. vegetable broth
- 1/2 c. plain, non-dairy milk
- 2 c. cooked chickpeas
- 2 c. frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 2 packages Immaculate Bakery refrigerated crescent rolls
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Melt coconut oil or vegan butter over medium heat in a 2-quart saucepan; add onion; cook 2-5 minutes, stirring frequently, until translucent.
- Stir in flour, salt and pepper until well blended.
- Stir in broth and non-dairy milk, cooking and stirring until thick and bubbly.
- Add in chickpeas and mixed vegetables; remove from heat.
- Open the crescent rolls and separate each package into four rectangle shapes. Using a round baking stone or large, ungreased cookie sheet, arrange the rectangles in a sun shape, overlapping the corners just a bit, leaving a small circle in the middle.
- Spoon the chickpea mixture over the center of each rectangle of dough to form a circle, leaving some of the dough showing through inside the circle. Fold the inside of one rectangle of dough up as the outside is folded over to meet the inside. Continue with the additional rectangles, until the all the chickpea mixture is completely covered.
- Bake for 20, or until crust is cooked through and golden brown.