Chickpea Salad Sandwich
- 15 oz. can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 small avocado
- ¼ c. fresh flat-leaf parsley or cilantro, chopped
- ¼ c. red onion, finely diced
- ½ red bell pepper, finely diced
- ½ a lemon
- Kosher salt
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- Greens (Spinach, kale or cabbage)
- 8 slices whole wheat bread
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine chickpeas with avocado and mash with potato masher or fork until it forms a chunky texture.
- Add the chopped parsley, diced red onion, diced red pepper, lemon juice, salt, and pepper and stir until well combined. Eat immediately or store covered in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- When ready to eat, spread ¼ of mixture onto one slice of bread. Top with greens and other slice of bread.