Cold Miso Ramen Salad
Yields 4 Servings
For the dressing:
- ¼ c. rice vinegar
- ¼ c. olive or vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp. white miso
- 1 ramen seasoning packet
- 1 tbsp. toasted sesame oil
- 1 tbsp. toasted sesame seeds
For the salad:
- 2 packages Koyo Seaweed Ramen, seasoning packets reserved
- 1 medium cucumber, cut into thin ribbons with a vegetable peeler
- 1 large carrot, peeled and cut into thin ribbons with a vegetable peeler
- 1 large avocado, pitted and thinly sliced
- ½ c. toasted almonds, roughly chopped
- Furikake to taste
- In a large bowl whisk together vinegar, oil, miso, ramen seasoning, sesame oil, and sesame seeds.
- In a large saucepan bring 2⅔ cups water to a boil. Add ramen noodles and cook, stirring occasionally, for 4 minutes. Drain well and rinse under cold water until completely cooled.
- Add noodles to dressing in bowl and toss to coat. Add cucumber and carrot and toss. Divide noodles between serving bowls and top with avocado slices and furikake.