Crock-pot Fiesta Quinoa
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. minced garlic
- 1 sweet potato, cubed
- 3-4 cups cubed butternut squash
- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn
- 1 cups cooked black beans
- 1 cup uncooked red quinoa rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) fire-roasted petite diced or crushed tomatoes
- 2 cups mild red enchilada sauce
- 1 1/2 cans vegetable broth
- 1 Tbsp. Fresh Jax Smoky Southwest Seasoning (or other taco seasoning)
- 1/2 tsp. salt, or, to taste
- Fresh lime
- Fresh cilantro
- Vegan shredded cheese
- Cashew sour cream or vegan sour cream
- Crackers for scooping
Check out the latest Savings in store now!
- Spray slow cooker with olive oil spray; add onion, garlic, sweet potato, butternut, corn, black beans, quinoa, diced tomatoes, enchilada sauce, veggie broth, seasoning and salt.
- Mix well and cover; cook on high for 4 hours, or until squash and sweet potato are tender. Taste and re-season, if necessary. Spoon into bowls and top with optional toppings.
Recipe and image by Dawn Hutchins.