Curried Tomato Fennel Detox Soup
- 1 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/2 bulb fennel, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 inch knob fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
- 3 c. chopped tomatoes
- 1 28 oz. can fire roasted, diced tomatoes, un-drained
- 2 c. vegetable broth
- 1 Tbsp. turmeric powder
- 1/2 Tbsp. to 1 Tbsp. curry powder, depending on taste
- 1/2 tsp. to 1 tsp. sea salt, depending on taste
- 1/4 tsp. fresh ground pepper, plus more for garnish
- 2 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 2 medjool dates, pit removed
- Handful fresh parsley or cilantro, chopped
- Heat the coconut oil over medium-high heat. Add the onions and fennel, cook 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and ginger. Cook an additional 1 minute.
- Stir in chopped tomatoes and cook until soft, 5-10 minutes.
- Add fire roasted, diced tomatoes, vegetable broth, turmeric, curry, salt and pepper; bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir in cider vinegar.
- Add medjool dates and 1/2 cup tomato mixture to a blender or Magic Bullet and puree; stir into tomato mixture, 1 Tbsp at a time until the sweetness reduces the acidity, to taste.
- Top each bowl with fresh, chopped parsley, lots of fresh ground pepper and additional turmeric.
- Serves 4