Ginger Salmon and Butter Lettuce Salad
This recipe is one of three meals that are made with some of the same ingredients. Cook one or try cooking them as a “stack” of three to best utilize your time and ingredients. Start with the recipe for Ginger Salmon with Red Cabbage Slaw and Jalapeño Cantaloupe Salsa. After cooking that, you will be part-way toward two other meals in the stack, this recipe for Ginger Salmon and Butter Lettuce Salad with Honey Cilantro Vinaigrette and Shallot and Salmon Burgers with Sesame Aioli.
2 heads butter or bibb lettuce, leaves pulled and rinsed
- 1/2 c. carrots, shredded
- 1/2 c. Red Cabbage Slaw,* or shredded cabbage
- 1 c. Jalapeño Cantaloupe Salsa,* or diced cantaloupe
- 3/4 pound Ginger Salmon,* or cooked salmon
- 1/2 c. roasted pepitas
- 1/3 c. Honey Cilantro Vinaigrette*
- Fresh bread, for serving
- *If cooking the “stack” of 3 meals, you will have this leftover from Ginger Salmon with Red Cabbage Slaw and Jalapeño Cantaloupe Salsa.
Slice lettuce into strips or squares.
Plate lettuce, then add shredded carrots, Red Cabbage Slaw and Jalapeño Cantaloupe Salsa to each bed of lettuce.
Top salad with salmon and pepitas, then drizzle over the Honey Cilantro Vinaigrette.
Serve with a side of toasted and buttered bread.