Healing Chicken Stock/Bone Broth
Check out the latest Savings in stores now!
- approx. 3 lbs. of organic chicken wings
- bones from 1 whole, organic chicken (we recommend saving in the freezer from a previous meal)
- 1 lb. organic carrots, chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 1 bunch organic celery, chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 3 onions, quartered
- 1-2 c. white dry wine (chardonnay in tetra pac)
- 1 bunch of parsley
- 1-3 sprigs of thyme (or a pinch of dry)
- 3 bay leaves
- 10 - 12 whole black peppercorns
- Place all vegetables and chicken in a pot and add enough cold water to fill pot , leaving 3 inches.
- Bring to a simmer and turn to a low rolling boil for 8-12 hours. The softer the bones get the more minerals get extracted. If you don’t use wine it is critical to use apple cider vinegar (approx. 1 c.) to extract minerals. The end result is 4 qts. of stock.
- Push all meats and veggies through a fine mesh strainer. Strain the bulk amount in one large container overnight. The next day skim the fat off the top.
- Divide and conquer. Ladle the stock into smaller containers and freeze. Now you have easily accessible, nutrient dense chicken bone broth! Use it to steam veggies, make soups, cook rice, etc…or simply heat and put in a mug and sip it like tea. It will add collagen, gelatin, electrolytes, and minerals to all your foods.