Homemade Vegan Mac & Cheese
- 1 lb. shell pasta
- 1 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp. ground turmeric
Sea salt to taste
- 1 1/2 c. unsweetened almond milk
- 2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp. nutritional yeast powder
- 2 1/2 c. shredded vegan cheddar cheese
Check out the latest Savings in stores now!
optional: vegan cheddar cheese and breadcrumbs
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil then add pasta and cook until al dente.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add garlic and cook, stirring until softened.
- Stir in cayenne pepper, turmeric and salt.
- Gradually whisk in the almond milk, flour and yeast and bring to a simmer.
- Remove from heat and transfer the mixture to a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the vegan cheddar and stir occasionally until it melts.
- Strain then add pasta to the sauce and stir to combine.
- Top with additional cheese and breadcrumbs. Voilà!