Lemon Pepper Chicken Wings
- 2 tbsp. fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp. sea salt
- 1 tbsp. ground ginger
- 1 tbsp. ground garlic
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. honey
- 2 - 3 lbs. wings
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 scallions
- 1 lemon
- Mix salt, pepper, ginger, garlic and baking soda in a bowl.
- Add lemon juice, zest, oil and honey. Mix again.
- Add wings. Mix until evenly coated.
- Chill for an hour.
- After the hour, take the wings and arrange them on a baking sheet. Chill again for an hour.
- Take pan out of the oven and let wings come to room temperature. About 15 mins.
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Bake wings on the center rack for 15 mins. Turn wings over. Back for another 20 mins.
- Remove pan from the oven and turn the broiler on.
- Put wings in for 3 mins.
- Take wings out of the oven, turn over and place wings back in the oven for 3 more mins.
- Take wings out of the oven and let them rest.
- Slice scallions and sprinkle them on top of the wings.
- Slice a lemon into wedges to serve with the wings.
- Serve wings with celery, blue cheese sauce and lemon wedges.