Mediterranean Chicken Pita Bowls
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 c. finely chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 c. basmati rice
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground turmeric
- 2 1/4 c. chicken broth
- 2 c. shredded cooked chicken
- 1 1/2 c. thinly sliced red cabbage
- 16 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 c. hummus
- 2 jarred roasted red bell peppers, sliced
- 1/2 c. crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 c. toasted pine nuts
- 1/2 c. Annie’s Organic Goddess Dressing
- 4 pita rounds, cut in half crosswise
- In 2-quart saucepan, heat oil over medium heat.
- Add onion and garlic; cook and stir about 3 minutes or until softened.
- Add rice; cook and stir about 2 minutes or until edges of rice are translucent.
- Stir in salt and turmeric.
- Add broth; heat to boiling.
- Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer about 16 minutes or until rice is done. Let stand covered 5 minutes.
- Divide rice among 4 bowls.
- Top with chicken, cabbage, tomatoes, hummus, peppers, feta cheese and pine nuts.
- Drizzle each with 2 tablespoons Annie’s Organic Goddess Dressing.
- Serve each bowl with 2 pieces of pita.