Miso Grain Bowl
- 1 large or 2 medium sweet potatoes, washed and unpeeled, cut in 1-inch dice
- 3 tbsp. yellow or white miso
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp. silan (date honey) or honey
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 8 oz. mushrooms, sliced
- 3 c. cooked farro or wheatberries
- 4 c. chopped greens
- Garnish with toasted sesame seeds, shredded nori, or chopped scallions
- Preheat oven to 425℉. Line a baking sheet with parchment.
- Arrange sweet potato on baking sheet and roast at 425℉ for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl whisk together miso, soy sauce, vinegar, honey, extra virgin olive oil, garlic, and ¼ cup water. Set aside.
- Remove pan from oven. Add mushrooms and pour half the sauce over top of potatoes and mushrooms. Toss well and place back in oven 425℉ for 10 minutes more, until veggies are caramelized and tender.
- When ready to serve, layer ¾ cup grains, greens, sweet potatoes and mushrooms in a bowl. Drizzle with remaining sauce and top with shredded nori, scallions and toasted sesame seeds.