Mushroom and Arugula Grilled Cheese
- 1/3 cup sliced mushrooms
- Colby cheese (We used Wainright Dairy)
- Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 c. arugula
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 2 Slices of bread (We used Community Loaves Sandwich Bread)
- Arugula Pesto (We used Glaser Farms Organic Arugula Basil Pesto
- Slice Colby and Parmesan cheeses to desired thickness.
- Heat sauté pan to medium heat. Add 1 Tbsp butter.
- Sauté mushrooms in butter until fork tender.
- Heat a skillet or grill over medium-high heat.
- Brush bread lightly with butter on both sides.
- Lay bread on the skillet or grill.
- Place the arugula pesto, arugula and sautéed mushrooms on the bread.
- Add sliced cheese.
- Cook until golden brown on each side – one to three minutes.