One Pan Lettuce Wraps
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 ½ lb. ground chicken or extra firm tofu, diced
- 1 lb. cremini mushrooms, chopped
- 1 inch knob of fresh ginger, peeled and finely grated
- 2 cloves garlic, finely grated
- 6 scallions, sliced
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tbsp. silan (date honey)
- Kosher salt
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 head Boston or Bibb lettuce, leaves washed and dried
- 3 c. cooked short grain brown rice
- ¼ c. chopped salted peanuts
- In a large saute pan, heat extra virgin olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken or tofu and mushrooms and cook for 10 minutes, until browned.
- Stir in ginger, garlic, scallions, soy sauce, red pepper flakes and silan.
- Cook mixture for 4 minutes more, then taste and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper. Remove from heat.
- To serve, layer two lettuce leaves per wrap.
- Scoop a heaping spoonful of brown rice into each lettuce cup, then a spoonful of the mixture, then sprinkle with peanuts, and serve immediately.