- 8 oz. dried whole grain penne pasta, cooked to package directions
- 2 cups chopped broccoli florets
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 cups chopped kale
- 1 cup mixed fresh herbs such as basil, cilantro and parsley
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 2-3 cloves garlic (depending on how garlicky you like it!)
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ to 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ tsp. salt (or, to taste)
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder (or, to taste)
- ¼ tsp. pepper (or, to taste)
Check out the latest Savings in store now!
- Mix penne, broccoli and tomatoes in a large bowl.
- Blend kale, herbs, lemon, garlic, water, olive oil, salt, garlic powder and pepper in a blender or Magic Bullet; spoon over penne and mix well; taste and re-season if necessary.
**For thinner pesto, add additional water
Recipe and image by Dawn Hutchins