Quinoa Apple Strudel Breakfast Bowl
Strudel Cinnamon Crumble
- 1/2 cup pecans, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp. golden flax meal
- 3 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. high quality sea salt
- 1 Tbsp. organic cane sugar
- 1 Tbsp. Dr. Bronner’s organic coconut oil
Check out the latest Savings in stores now!
- 2 cups Alter Eco royal pearl quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 3 cups water
- 2 apples, cored & diced
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 2 cups Califia Farms almond milk
- Optional: maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Using a medium size bowl, combine chopped pecans, flaxseed meal, 1 tsp. cinnamon, one pinch of sea salt, sugar, and melted coconut oil. Mix thoroughly with a fork.
- Place mixture on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake 10-15 minutes. Be careful not to let the nuts burn.
- Using a large heavy-bottom saucepan, add quinoa, water, apples, raisins, 2 tsp. cinnamon and a pinch of sea salt. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to simmer. Cover with a tight-fitting lid and simmer for 15 minutes.
- To Serve: Divide warm quinoa mixture into 4 large serving bowls. Sprinkle with Strudel Cinnamon Crumble. Top with almond milk and serve with a side of real maple syrup.