Red Curry Scallops and Green Beans
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 2 tsp. canola or vegetable oil
- 1 Tbsp. Thai red curry paste
- 2 c. green beans, trimmed and cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 carrot, cut into bite-size pieces
- 12 oz. unsweetened coconut cream
- 1½ tsp. fish sauce
- 1½ tsp. sugar
- 1 small red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 kaffir lime leaf, thinly sliced, divided
- 8 – 10 scallops
- Garnishes: finishing salt and fresh lime wedges
Heat a heavy-bottom pan over medium high heat.
Add 1 tablespoon oil and curry paste; cook, stirring occasionally, until fragrant and toasted, being careful not to burn. Add green beans and carrot; stir and cook 1 to 2 minutes, reducing heat if paste starts to burn.
Add coconut cream, fish sauce, sugar, red bell pepper, and half of kaffir lime leaves; stir and cook 1 minute.
Pat scallops dry with paper towels.
Heat remaining 2 teaspoons oil in a large skillet until hot.
Add scallops in a single layer (don’t overcrowd the pan) and let sear until golden brown on one side (about 1 ½ minutes).
Turn and place uncooked side in the curry sauce and finish cooking, 1 minute.
Garnish with remaining kaffir lime leaves, finishing salt, and lime wedges, if desired. Serve with jasmine rice.