Roasted Cinnamon Sweet Potato Butter
- 1 large sweet potato
- 1 tsp. coconut oil
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt, plus more for sprinkling
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon, plus more for sprinkling
- 2 Tbsp. maple syrup
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 tsp. vanilla or hazelnut extract
- 2 Tbsp. tahini
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup coconut palm sugar
Check out the latest Savings in-store now!
Serves 12 (2 Tbsp. Servings)
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Wash sweet potato and poke holes in skin using a fork; rub coconut oil over evenly and sprinkle with sea salt and a bit of cinnamon; wrap in foil.
- Bake for 45 minutes, or until soft; let cool and cut into chunks.
- Blend with remaining salt and cinnamon, maple syrup, lemon, vanilla extract, tahini and water until smooth. Stir in coconut palm sugar for a caramelized effect.
Recipe by Dawn Hutchins