Roasted Polenta Cubes with Pumpkin Sage Sauce
- Cooking oil spray, such as avocado oil
- 1 tube polenta and quinoa, cut into cubes
- 1 Tbsp. Earth Balance butter
- ½ onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- 3 Tbsp. nutritional yeast
- 1 ½ cups plain, unsweet almond milk
- 2 tsp. mustard
- 1 tsp. minced sage
Check out the latest Savings in-store now!
1. Preheat oven to 375F; spray a baking sheet with avocado oil; top with polenta; bake 25 minutes; turn, bake an additional 15 minutes.
2. Meanwhile; heat butter in a small sauce pot over medium-high heat; add onion and cook for 7 minutes, stirring every minute or so; lower heat to medium, add garlic and cook an additional 3 minutes; add pumpkin puree, nutritional yeast, almond milk and mustard. Stir, bring to a simmer, reduce heat and allow to thicken just a bit, about 5 minutes; add chopped sage and puree with an immersion blender.
3. Pour pumpkin sage sauce over roasted polenta cubes. Delicious alone, or served over fresh or sauteed spinach.
Recipe and image by Dawn Hutchins.