Roasted Sweet Potato Salad
This recipe is one of three meals that are made with some of the same ingredients. Cook one or try cooking them as a “stack” of three to best utilize your time and ingredients. Start with Roasted Sweet Potato Salad and after cooking that, you will be part-way toward two other meals in the stack, Huevos Rancheros and Vegan Black Bean & Sweet Potato Burgers.
Makes 5-6 Servings if just making this meal, or 2-3 if making the “stack” of meals.
- 1 ½ lbs. sweet potatoes
- ½ c. diced red onion
- ½ c. cilantro leaves
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ⅓ c. olive or avocado oil
- 1 lime, plus ¼ tsp. zest
- Cayenne pepper, optional
- 2 cans of black beans*
- 1 can of sweet corn*
- Preheat oven to 400. Prepare a large baking sheet.
- Scrub, dry and cut sweet potatoes into about 1 inch chunks (skin on is just fine). Spread them out on the baking sheet and drizzle generously with olive oil, then toss to coat. Season with salt and garlic powder. Roast sweet potatoes until the edges start to brown, about 30-40 minutes.
- In a small bowl, make your dressing by mixing together ¼ c olive/avocado oil, lime zest, the juice from the lime, and a dash or two of cayenne pepper (optional).
- Drain and rinse black beans and corn. In a large bowl, combine roasted sweet potatoes, black beans, corn and dressing. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Enjoy some salad as a meal or a side.
- Check out 2 ways to reuse your remaining Roasted Sweet Potato Salad: Huevos Rancheros and Vegan Black Bean & Sweet Potato Burgers.
*Can save time by substituting 2 large “Grab and Go” Black Bean & Corn Salsa’s in place of these ingredients.