Roasted Sweet Potatoes with Apples and Red Onion
- 4 sweet potatoes
- 4 tsp. coconut oil
- 2 apples, cored, sliced and each slice cut in half
- ½ red onion, sliced
- 2 sprigs of fresh thyme, leaves removed from stem, plus 4 sprigs extra, for garnish
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. grounder ginger
- ¼ tsp. cinnamon
Check out the latest Savings in-store now!
- Preheat oven to 400F; slice potatoes thinly crosswise, but not all the way through
- Rub 1 tsp. coconut oil on each potato; stuff every other sliced section with a half-moon of apple and the remaining sections with sliced red onion; sprinkle thyme, salt, ginger and cinnamon over all potatoes evenly.
- Cover, bake at 400F for 20 minutes; remove foil and bake an additional 20-30 minutes, or until potatoes are soft; remove from oven and let cool.
Recipe by Dawn Hutchins