Roasted Vegetable Gado Gado
- Coconut oil for greasing pans
- 2 sweet potatoes, sliced
- 1/2 sweet onion, peeled and sliced
- 1 small head red cabbage, cut into six slices, the remainder shredded
- 1 bunch carrots, any color, sliced
- 1 block tofu, pressed and cubed (optional)
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 6 leaves kale, de-stemmed and finely chopped
- 1 cup packed kale sprouts (or any sprouts)
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped
Check out the latest Savings in stores now!
Gado Gado Sauce
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter or tahini
- Pinch of cayenne pepper powder (or more!) for heat
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 Tbsp. liquid aminos, soy sauce or tamari
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 Tbsp coconut palm sugar
- 1/3 cup full fat coconut milk
- 1/3 cup water
- Place sliced sweet potatoes on one baking sheet; top with sweet onions; place six slices cabbage and about 2/3 of the sliced carrots on the second baking sheet (leave the remaining fresh for added crunch); place cubed tofu on the third baking sheet; bake all for 20 minutes; flip and bake an additional 25 minutes, or until potatoes are soft. Remove from oven and sprinkle 1/2 tsp. sea salt evenly over vegetables.
- Meanwhile, blend or whisk all ingredients for Gado Gado sauce and set aside.
- In each of six bowls place one roasted cabbage slice, and evenly divide sweet potatoes, carrots, onions and tofu over same four bowls; top evenly with remaining fresh sliced carrots, remaining shredded cabbage, sliced kale, kale sprouts and fresh cilantro. Drizzle Gado Gado sauce over each bowl.