Roasted Veggie Barley Bowl with Salmon
- 2 large carrots, sliced on the diagonal or 8 oz. cremini mushrooms, halved
- ½ lb. green beans or sugar snap peas
- 1 red onion, quartered
- 1 lemon, zested and cut in half (reserve zest for dressing)
- 4 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil, divided
- Kosher salt
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 ½ lbs. salmon
- 2 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 3 c. cooked barley
Preheat oven to 450°F.
- On a large sheet pan, toss carrots, green beans, onion and lemon with 1 Tbsp. evoo, salt, and freshly cracked black pepper. Roast for 15 minutes.
- Remove lemon halves, stir veg and move to edges of pan. Place salmon, skin side down, in the center of the sheet pan. Drizzle with 1 Tbsp. evoo and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast for 15 minutes or until the fish flakes easily.
- In a small bowl, squeeze juice from roasted lemons. Whisk in remaining 2 Tbsp. evoo, reserved lemon zest, and Dijon mustard. Stir well and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- When everything is ready, toss barley with half the dressing and divide among 4 bowls. Top equally with veggies and flaked salmon. Drizzle remaining dressing over top as desired.