Roasted Winter Squash Soup
Check out the latest Savings in stores now!
- 3 c. of squash, peeled and sliced (acorn, butternut, pumpkin)
- 1 c. of yellow onions, sliced
- 4 whole garlic cloves, smashed
- 2-3 c. of broth (chicken or vegetable)
- 1 can of coconut milk
- 2 Tbsp. red curry paste (or more if you want more heat)
- salt and pepper
- On a large sheet pan lined with parchment paper, toss together the squash, garlic cloves and onion with 1 tsp of salt, 1 tsp. of pepper and 1 Tbsp. of olive oil
- Roast the vegetables at 425 F for about 20 minutes, or until the squash is tender and the onions are slightly brown on the edges.
- Meanwhile, heat your broth to a simmer on the stove
- Once the squash, onions and garlic have finished cooking in the oven, add them to a blender with the curry paste and the heated broth. Start with two cups of broth, then slowly add more as needed to get to the correct consistency.
- Blend to a smooth, thick, yet pourable consistency, then transfer to a pot on the stove.
- Add one can of coconut milk and stir until well incorporated and simmering. Taste for seasoning and salt and pepper, if needed.
- Serve and Enjoy!