Shallot and Salmon Burgers with Sesame Aioli
This recipe is one of three meals that are made with some of the same ingredients. Cook one or try cooking them as a “stack” of three to best utilize your time and ingredients. Start with this one for Ginger Salmon with Red Cabbage Slaw and Jalapeño Cantaloupe Salsa. After cooking that, you will be part-way toward two other meals in the stack, Ginger Salmon and Butter Lettuce Salad with Honey Cilantro Vinaigrette and Shallot and Salmon Burgers with Sesame Aioli.
- 1 to 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 to 3/4 pound Ginger Salmon,* or cooked salmon, flaked
- 2 shallots, minced
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup almond meal or breadcrumbs
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise or avocado mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce or coconut aminos
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- Toasted Ciabatta Rolls or buns, for serving
- 1/2 cup Red Cabbage Slaw* or ½ cup shredded cabbage
- *If cooking the “stack” of 3 meals, you will have this leftover from Ginger Salmon with Red Cabbage Slaw and Jalapeño Cantaloupe Salsa.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add coconut oil.
- Lightly beat 2 eggs in a medium bowl. Add flaked salmon, shallots, almond meal/breadcrumbs, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper and mix well. Form 2 to 3 hamburger-size patties out of this mixture (adding more almond meal/breadcrumbs if needed for burgers to hold together).
- Place salmon burgers in the hot skillet and sear for 2 to 4 minutes on each side.
- Meanwhile, make Sesame Aioli by combining mayonnaise/avocado mayonnaise, soy sauce/coconut aminos, minced garlic and sesame oil in a small dish. Mix well.
- Serve salmon burgers on rolls or buns with remaining Red Cabbage Slaw. Drizzle Sesame Aioli on top of burgers.