Silan Grilled Chicken and Vegetables
Makes 4 Servings
- 4 tbsp. silan (date honey/syrup)
- 2 tsp. balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 large cloves garlic, grated
- 4, 6 oz. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tsp. salt
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- 4 c. mixed vegetables of choice
- 2 tbsp. tahini
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- Chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley to garnish
- In a small bowl, whisk to combine silan, vinegar, extra virgin olive oil and grated garlic.
- Divide the marinade equally in two large bowls or resealable bags.
- Add chicken to one bowl/bag and vegetables to the other. Allow chicken and vegetables to marinate for at least 30 minutes or overnight.
- Preheat a grill medium high heat. If using a oven broiler, preheat to high and use a grill pan or broiler pan.
- Once grill or broiler is hot, place chicken and vegetables on the grill or in oven. Cook chicken for 6 to 8 minutes per side or until the internal temp reaches 165-167°F. Remove from grill or pan, place on a platter and cover with foil to rest. Continue to cook vegetables 3 to 5 minutes more, until they are slightly charred and soft. Place vegetables on same platter as chicken.
- Combine tahini with lemon juice and 2 tablespoons of water; stir well. Drizzle tahini sauce over chicken and vegetables. Garnish with chopped parsley and serve immediately.